Wednesday 24 June 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mick Fleetwood and Michele Lee.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1942 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Mick Fleetwood
- Michele Lee: American singer and TV actress who played Karen MacKenzie for 14 seasons in CBS's TV prime-time soap "Knots Landing.
- Manila (Philippines)
- Dustin Gee: British TV personality and comedian who was also noted for partnering with Les Dennis.
- Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle: Chilean president.
- Martin Rees: Scientist.
- Eduardo Ruiz-Tagle: Chilean engineer and politician 32nd President of Chile.
- Gerhart Roth: Writer.
- Michele Lee in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress/singer (Karen - Knots Landing, Love Bug).
- Alain Marquet: French jazz clarinet and saxophone player.
- Arthur Brown: English singer (Kingdom Come and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown).
- Africa Corps occupy Egypt
- Admiral Ernest King orders Tulagi (Solomon Island) reconquered