Thursday 25 April 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Savary and Remo Brindisi.
Let's Get a Divorce, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The U.P. Trail by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1918 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Alain Savary: French Socialist politician, deputy to the National Assembly of France during the Fourth and Fifth Republic, chairman of the Socialist Party (PS) and a government minister in the 1950s and in 1981–1984, when he was appointed by President François Mitterrand as Minister of National Education.
- Remo Brindisi: Italian artist, well known for his subjects of the peasant life.
- Astrid Varnay Stockholm Sweden: soprano (Metropolitan Opera 1941-56).
- Joseph Ferrières de Sauvebœuf: French military officer in the French Foreign Legion in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Graham Payn: South African-born English actor and singer (d. 2005).
- Gérard de Vaucouleurs: French-American astronomer and academic (d. 1995).
- Astrid Varnay: Swedish-American soprano and actress (d. 2006).
- Gerard Henri de Vaucouleurs: French astronomer (d. 1995).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?