Thursday 25 April 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Pacino and O B McClinton [Burnett] in Senatobia.
My Favorite Wife, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1940 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Al Pacino: American actor, one of the most accomplished stars of his generation who remains a private, enigmatic figure.
- Marian Norrie
- O B McClinton [Burnett] in Senatobia: Mississippi, USA; country singer ("Keep your arms around me").
- Al Pacino in New York City: New York, USA; actor (And Justice For All, Godfather, Scorpio).
- Jochen Borchert: German politician.