Tuesday 25 August 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Imogen Hassall and Howard Jacobson.
The Glass Key, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Imogen Hassall: Surrey, England -- Countess of Cleavage (Carry on Lovng).
- Howard Jacobson: English novelist and journalist.
- Ivan Koloff
- Max Cleland: Politician.
- Nathan Deal: American captain lawyer and politician 82nd Governor of Georgia.
- Margaret L Thompson Murdock: United States -- Small bore rifle (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Nathen Deal: (Rep-D-Georgia).
- SS begins transporting Jews of Maastricht Neth
- World War II: second day of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons. A Japanese naval transport convoy headed towards Guadalcanal is turned-back by an Allied air attack, losing one destroyer and one transport sunk, and one light cruiser heavily damaged.