Friday 25 August 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vivi-Anne Hultén and Vo Nguyen Giap (Vo Nguyen Giap).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Vivi-Anne Hultén
- Vo Nguyen Giap (Vo Nguyen Giap): Vietnamese general and statesman.
- André Leroi-Gourhan: French archaeologist, paleontologist, paleoanthropologist, and anthropologist with an interest in technology and aesthetics and a penchant for philosophical reflection.
- Jacopo Napoli: Composer.
- Vivi-Anne Hulten: Figure Skater.
- Võ Giáp: Vietnamese general and politician 3rd Minister of Defence for Vietnam (d. 2013).
- Paul Barre: France Actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- By the Saskatchewan - Reinald Werrenrath & Haydn Quartet
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Selections from The Pink Lady - Prince's Orchestra