Friday 25 August 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacopo Napoli and Vo Nguyen Giap (Vo Nguyen Giap).
Re Lear, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Jacopo Napoli: Composer.
- Vo Nguyen Giap (Vo Nguyen Giap): Vietnamese general and statesman.
- André Leroi-Gourhan: French archaeologist, paleontologist, paleoanthropologist, and anthropologist with an interest in technology and aesthetics and a penchant for philosophical reflection.
- Paul Barre: France Actor.
- Vivi-Anne Hulten: Figure Skater.
- Võ Giáp: Vietnamese general and politician 3rd Minister of Defence for Vietnam (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?