Sunday 25 August 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Fernandez and Betty Dodson.
Our Modern Maidens, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Dominique Fernandez: French writer of novels, essays and travel books.
- Betty Dodson: Educator.
- Gene Keiffer: American electonic engineer and CEO of E-Systems, a reconnnaissance, surveillance communications software defense contractor.
- Graf Zeppelin passes over SF for LA after trans-Pacific voyage