Sunday 25 August 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Fernandez and Gene Keiffer.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Dominique Fernandez: French writer of novels, essays and travel books.
- Gene Keiffer: American electonic engineer and CEO of E-Systems, a reconnnaissance, surveillance communications software defense contractor.
- Graf Zeppelin passes over SF for LA after trans-Pacific voyage
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?