Sunday 25 August 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Fernandez and Gene Keiffer.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Dominique Fernandez: French writer of novels, essays and travel books.
- Gene Keiffer: American electonic engineer and CEO of E-Systems, a reconnnaissance, surveillance communications software defense contractor.
- Graf Zeppelin passes over SF for LA after trans-Pacific voyage
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?