Wednesday 25 July 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keter Betts and Dolphy .
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1928 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Keter Betts: American jazz bassist (d. 2005).
- Dolphy : Filipino comedian-actor in the Philippines known by his screen names Dolphy, Pidol, and Golay (1944).
- Mario Montenegro: Filipino actor (Born 1928).
- Nils Taube: Estonian-English businessman (d. 2008).
- The United States recalls its troops from China.
- Tich Freeman becomes the only bowler ever to take 200 first-class wickets before the end of July.
- Radclyffe Hall's novel ''The Well of Loneliness'' is published.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?