Wednesday 25 July 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keter Betts and Dolphy .
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1928
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 25 July 1928. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1928 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Keter Betts: American jazz bassist (d. 2005).
- Dolphy : Filipino comedian-actor in the Philippines known by his screen names Dolphy, Pidol, and Golay (1944).
- Mario Montenegro: Filipino actor (Born 1928).
- Nils Taube: Estonian-English businessman (d. 2008).
- The United States recalls its troops from China.
- Tich Freeman becomes the only bowler ever to take 200 first-class wickets before the end of July.
- Radclyffe Hall's novel ''The Well of Loneliness'' is published.