Friday 25 August 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Badham and Ana MC Ribeiro.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- John Badham: Luton, England -- Director (Dracula, Short Circuit).
- Ana MC Ribeiro
- Liselot[te JM] Beekmeyer: Actress (Issue Blum).
- Ana Ribeiro: Brazilian astrologer, highly praised among her colleagues, a consultant, teacher, international lecturer and member of AFA.
- John Bardon: English actor (d. 2014).
- Babe Siebert: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1939).
- The United Kingdom and Poland form a military alliance in which the UK promises to defend Poland in case of invasion by a foreign power.
- An Irish Republican Army bomb explodes in the centre of Coventry, England, killing 5 people.
- MGM's classic musical film ''The Wizard of Oz'', based on L. Frank Baum's famous novel, and starring Judy Garland as Dorothy, is released in theaters everywhere.
- Division of Grazing renamed U.S. Grazing Service.