Sunday 25 July 1943US date format: 7/25/1943, UK date format: 25/7/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cheryl Crane and Jim McCarty.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1943 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Cheryl Crane: American noted family, the daughter of Lana Turner from her brief second marriage to restaurateur Stephen Crane.
- Jim McCarty: Drummer James McCarty was a founding member of one of the ‘60s Britain-to-America invasion groups, “The Yardbirds.
- Janet Margolin in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Take the Money and Run, David and Lisa).
- Roy Acuff Jr: Rocker.
- Erika Steinbach: Polish-German politician.
- 1st warship named for a Black person, SS Leonard Roy Harmon, launched
- Benito Mussolini captured, dismissed as Premier of Italy during WWII
- Opposition group Zwaantje forms in Delfzijl
- RAF bombs Fokker airplane factory in Amsterdam
- World War II: Benito Mussolini is forced out of office by his own Italian Grand Council and is replaced by Pietro Badoglio.
- In Italy the Gran Consiglio del Fascismo withdraws its support of Mussolini Mussolini is arrested and the power is given to Maresciallo d'Italia Gen. Pietro Badoglio.