Sunday 25 July 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Margolin in New York City and Roy Acuff Jr.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1943 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Janet Margolin in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Take the Money and Run, David and Lisa).
- Roy Acuff Jr: Rocker.
- Cheryl Crane: American noted family, the daughter of Lana Turner from her brief second marriage to restaurateur Stephen Crane.
- Jim McCarty: Drummer James McCarty was a founding member of one of the ‘60s Britain-to-America invasion groups, “The Yardbirds.
- Erika Steinbach: Polish-German politician.
- 1st warship named for a Black person, SS Leonard Roy Harmon, launched
- Benito Mussolini captured, dismissed as Premier of Italy during WWII
- Opposition group Zwaantje forms in Delfzijl
- RAF bombs Fokker airplane factory in Amsterdam
- World War II: Benito Mussolini is forced out of office by his own Italian Grand Council and is replaced by Pietro Badoglio.
- In Italy the Gran Consiglio del Fascismo withdraws its support of Mussolini Mussolini is arrested and the power is given to Maresciallo d'Italia Gen. Pietro Badoglio.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?