Friday 25 June 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Lembeck in Brooklyn and Catherine Michel.
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1948 ?
- Michael Lembeck in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Max - One Day at a Time).
- Catherine Michel: French harpist who joined the National Orchestra of France in 1970 and then the Paris Opera as solo harpist in 1978.
- Broery : Indonesian singer and actor (d. 2000).
- William C Lee: U.
- Truman signs Displaced Persons Bill (205,000 Europeans to US)
- Joe Louis knocks out Jersey Joe Walcott in 11 rounds to retain championship.
- The Berlin airlift begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 June 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?