Friday 25 June 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Brillouet and Michael Lembeck in Brooklyn.
Easter Parade, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 June 1948 ?
- Marc Brillouet
- Michael Lembeck in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Max - One Day at a Time).
- Catherine Michel: French harpist who joined the National Orchestra of France in 1970 and then the Paris Opera as solo harpist in 1978.
- Broery : Indonesian singer and actor (d. 2000).
- William C Lee: U.
- Truman signs Displaced Persons Bill (205,000 Europeans to US)
- Joe Louis knocks out Jersey Joe Walcott in 11 rounds to retain championship.
- The Berlin airlift begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?