Sunday 20 June 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joey Molland and Nigel Morris.
Romance on the High Seas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Liberty Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1948 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Joey Molland: Rocker.
- Nigel Morris: Rocker (Isotope).
- Diana Henry: American photographer and teacher.
- Elisabeth Huppert: French writer and filmmaker.
- Alan Longmuir: Scottish rock musician, bass player and one of the founding members, with his brother Derek, of the band, "Bay City Rollers.
- Tina Sinatra: American noted family, the daughter of Frank and Nancy Sinatra. She produced a TV miniseries "Frank Sinatra," begun in 1986 and not released until the fall of 1992.
- Cirilo Flores: American bishop (d. 2014)
- Ludwig Scotty: Nauruan politician 10th President of Nauru
- George Frederick Boyle: Composer, dies at 61.
- Toast of the Town, later The Ed Sullivan Show, makes its television debut.
- 20 Jews killed when a bomb is thrown into Jewish quarter of Cairo
- Cleveland draws then record 82,781 for doubleheader
- Deutsche Mark introduced in West-Germany
- The U.S. Congress recesses for the remainder of 1948, after an overtime session closes at 7:00 a.m. D.C. time (to be shortly interrupted by Truman's recall from Congressional recess for July 20, 1948).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?