Tuesday 8 June 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lorna Heilbron .
Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, directed by Charles T. Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1948 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Franz Carl Bornschein: Composer, dies at 69.
- Sally closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 36 performances
- John Rudder becomes 1st negro commissioned officer in US marines
- Milton Berle hosts the debut of Texaco Star Theater.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?