Sunday 27 June 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tiziana Tosco and Tim Wood.
Easter Parade, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 June 1948 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Tiziana Tosco: Italian ballerina and the choreographer of Torino.
- Tim Wood: American skater who won championship awards in 1968 and 1970 and World Medals twice.
- Angel Penna Jr: Horse trainer.
- Camile Baudoin: American guitarist (The Radiators).
- George Templeton Strong: Composer, dies at 92.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?