Thursday 3 June 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyne Buyle and Rolf Heissler.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Rita Hayworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 June 1948 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Evelyne Buyle
- Rolf Heissler
- Martin Goldsmith: American research astrologer, interested primarily in symbol systems.
- Luca De Filippo: Italian actor and theatre director, the son of Eduardo De Filippo and the singer and actress Turin Thea Prandi.
- Jan Reker: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Sleepy Hallow opens at St. James Theater NYC for 12 performances
- 200 (5.08 m) Hale telescope dedicated at Palomar Observatory
- 200-inch (5.08m) Hale telescope dedicated at Palomar Observatory.
- Korczak Ziolkowski begins sculpture of Crazy Horse near Mount Rushmore.
- The Palomar Observatory telescope is finished in California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?