Monday 28 June 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathy Bates and Deborah Moggach.
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1948 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Kathy Bates: American actress, a sympathetic star of stage and screen.
- Deborah Moggach: English author and screenwriter.
- Sergei Bodrov: Russian-American director producer and screenwriter.
- Daniel Wegner: Canadian-American psychologist and academic (d. 2013).
- US / British airlift to West-Berlin begins
- Boxer Dick Turpin beats Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
- The Cominform circulates the ''Resolution on the situation in the Communist Party of Yugoslavia''; Yugoslavia is expelled from the Communist bloc.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?