Wednesday 9 June 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Juillard and Nathaniel Rosen in Altadena.
Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, directed by Charles T. Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1948 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- André Juillard: French comic book creator, whose notable works include Les Sept Vies de l'Épervier (1983–1991) and Arno (1983–1997).
- Nathaniel Rosen in Altadena: California, USA; cellist (Tchaikovsky Gold 1978).
- Jim Bailey: NCAA punter (most punts in season-101, Va Milt Academy).
- Gudrun Schyman: Swedish social worker and politician.
- WBZ TV channel 4 in Boston, MA (NBC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?