Monday 12 October 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Vigne and Amitabh Bachchan.
George Washington Slept Here, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1942 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Daniel Vigne
- Rei Kawakubo: Designer.
- Amitabh Bachchan: Actor.
- Alprentice ''Bunchy'': Carter (Black Panther Party) (d. 1969).
- Daliah Lavi: Israeli actress, model and singer.
- Melvin Franklin: American singer (The Temptations) (Born 1942).
- Successful Russian counter attack through 37th Guard division
- US navy defeats Japanese in WWII Battle of Cape Esperance
- World War II: Japanese ships retreat after their defeat in the Battle of Cape Esperance with the Japanese commander, Aritomo Goto dying from wounds suffered in the battle and two Japanese destroyers sunk by Allied air attack.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Manhattan Serenade - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition