Saturday 25 October 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Barty in Millsboro and Henry Sy.
Hot Water, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1924 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Billy Barty in Millsboro: Pennsylvania, USA; 3 foot 9 inch actor (Under the Rainbow, Foul Play).
- Henry Sy: Chinese-Filipino businessman.
- Billy Barty: American actor and singer (d. 2000).
- Earl Palmer: American drummer (The Wrecking Crew) (d. 2008).
- Little Orphan Annie comic strip 1st published
- The forged Zinoviev Letter is published in the Daily Mail, wrecking the British Labour Party's hopes of re-election.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- June Night - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?