Thursday 22 February 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund von and Humayun Kabir.
The Last Witch, directed by John B. Dolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1906!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1906 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Edmund von: Borck composer.
- Humayun Kabir: Indian educationist and politician (d. 1969).
- Helge Kjaerulff-Schmidt: Danish actor (d. 1982).
- Black evangelist William J Seymour arrives in Los Angeles California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Silver Heels - Harry Tally
- Silver Heels - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Fritz and Louisa - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- My Irish Molly O - Vess Ossman
- Will You Love Me in December as You Do in May? - Haydn Quartet