Saturday 25 October 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Reddy and Anne Tyler.
Shadow of the Thin Man, directed by Maj. W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 October 1941 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Helen Reddy: Australian musician, a singer and actress who skyrocketed to superstardom in 1972 with her Grammy winning song, "I Am Woman," which became the anthem for the women's movement.
- Anne Tyler: American writer, highly acclaimed for novels that use witty colloquial dialogue to reveal the tensions and tragedies underlying everyday life in Baltimore and the small communities of the American South.
- Bobby Keetch: Soccer player / entrepreneur.
- Anna Tyler: Minneapolis Writer.
- Lynda Benglis: American sculptor and painter.
- 16,000 Jews massacred in Odessa Ukraine
- Germany attacks Moscow
- Winston Churchill routes Forces South to SE Asia
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?