Thursday 25 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthias Jabs and Jüri Mõis.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give Us This Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1956 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Matthias Jabs: Rock guitarist (Scorpions-Wind of Change).
- Jüri Mõis: Estonian businessman and politician Estonian Minister of the Interior.
- Paul Regina: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Risto Ryti: Finnish Minister / Premier / President, dies at 67.
- White Sox manager Marty Marion resigns. AL Lopez replaces him
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?