Saturday 25 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei Filatov and John Ericson.
Bardelys the Magnificent, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1926 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sergei Filatov: USSR -- Equestrian dressage (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Ericson: German-American actor, artist, and painter.
- Jack Hyles: American pastor and author (d. 2001).
- Aldo Ray: Western actor (Battle Cry), dies at 64 of cancer.
- 9th PGA Championship: Walter Hagen at Salisbury Golf Club - Westbury, New York
- Canadian government of MacKenzie King forms
- Walter Hagen wins PGA golf tournament
- Yankees take a doubleheader from Browns to clinch AL pennant
- Henry Ford announces the 8 hour, 5-day work week.
- International slavery convention signed by 20 states.
- NHL grants franchises to Chicago Black Hawks and Detroit Red Wings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Lost Your Head Blues - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?