Saturday 25 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aldo Ray and Sergei Filatov.
The Texas Streak, directed by Lynn Reynolds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1926 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Aldo Ray: Western actor (Battle Cry), dies at 64 of cancer.
- Sergei Filatov: USSR -- Equestrian dressage (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Ericson: German-American actor, artist, and painter.
- Jack Hyles: American pastor and author (d. 2001).
- 9th PGA Championship: Walter Hagen at Salisbury Golf Club - Westbury, New York
- Canadian government of MacKenzie King forms
- Walter Hagen wins PGA golf tournament
- Yankees take a doubleheader from Browns to clinch AL pennant
- Henry Ford announces the 8 hour, 5-day work week.
- International slavery convention signed by 20 states.
- NHL grants franchises to Chicago Black Hawks and Detroit Red Wings.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Lost Your Head Blues - Bessie Smith