Sunday 26 April 1942US date format: 4/26/1942, UK date format: 26/4/1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 26, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudine Auger and Vitali Andreyevich Grishchenko.
In This Our Life, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1942 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Claudine Auger: Paris, France -- Miss France (1958) /...
- Vitali Andreyevich Grishchenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Bobby Rydell in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; rock singer ("Wild...
- Svyatoslav Belza: Russian journalist author and critic (d....
- Jon Kyl: Politician.
- Michael Kergin: Canadian diplomat Canadian Ambassador to...
- Bobby Rydell: American singer and actor.
- Jadwiga Staniszkis: Polish sociologist political scientist...
- Sharon Carstairs: Canadian lawyer and politician Canadian...
- Coal mine explosion kills 1,549 at Honkeiko Manchuria
- The Benxihu Colliery accident in Manchukuo leaves 1549 Chinese miners dead.
- WWII: The Reichstag meets for the last time, dissolving itself and proclaiming Adolf Hitler the quotSupreme Judge of the German Peoplequot, granting him the power of life and death over every German citizen.