Sunday 26 April 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudine Auger and Vitali Andreyevich Grishchenko.
Tarzan's New York Adventure, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1942 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Claudine Auger: Paris, France -- Miss France (1958) / actress (Thunderball).
- Vitali Andreyevich Grishchenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Bobby Rydell in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; rock singer ("Wild One", "Bye Bye Birdie").
- Svyatoslav Belza: Russian journalist author and critic (d. 2014).
- Sharon Carstairs: Canadian lawyer and politician Canadian Leader of the Government in the Senate.
- Michael Kergin: Canadian diplomat Canadian Ambassador to the United States
- Bobby Rydell: American singer and actor
- Jadwiga Staniszkis: Polish sociologist political scientist and academic
- Coal mine explosion kills 1,549 at Honkeiko Manchuria
- The Benxihu Colliery accident in Manchukuo leaves 1549 Chinese miners dead.
- WWII: The Reichstag meets for the last time, dissolving itself and proclaiming Adolf Hitler the quotSupreme Judge of the German Peoplequot, granting him the power of life and death over every German citizen.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?