Wednesday 26 April 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrée Tainsy and Henri Hell.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1911 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?