Wednesday March 26, 1986
US date format: 3/26/1986, UK date format: 26/3/1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 26, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jessica Hart (model) and Jessica McClure.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Critters, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Seasons Of The Heart by Cynthia Freeman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Layla or Darwin 4078.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 26, 1986?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- See more
- Geffen records signs Guns and Roses
- An article in the New York Times charges that Kurt Waldheim, former United Nations Secretary General and candidate for president of Austria, may have been involved in German war crimes during World War II.
- Bartlett Robinson: Actor (Wendy & Me, Mona McCluskey), dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 26, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- Teddy Pendergrass - Love 4/2
- Rene & Angela - Your Smile
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Aretha Franklin - Another Night
- Eugene Wilde - Diana
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 26If March 26, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 5 months, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 2 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?