Wednesday 26 June 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 26, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucinda Childs and Robert Kramer.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1940 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Lucinda Childs: American dancer, actress and post-modern choreographer, known for her transfixing presence on stage and an uncanny ability to attract and hold an audience.
- Robert Kramer: Actor (A.
- Vittorio Storaro: Cinematographer (Taxi, Little Buddah, Dick Tracy).
- Billy Davis Jr in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; singer (5th Dimension - "One Less Bell").
- End of the USSR experimental calendar; Gregorian readopted 6 / 27
- World War II: under the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, the Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Romania requiring it to cede Bessarabia and the northern part of Bukovina.