Monday 26 March 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tatyana Kochergina and Charly McClain in Jackson.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Fall, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Edge of Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1956 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Tatyana Kochergina: USSR -- Team handball (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Charly McClain in Jackson: Tennessee, USA; country singer (Radio Heart).
- Charly McClain: American singer-songwriter.
- Park Won-soon: South Korean lawyer and politician 35th Mayor of Seoul.
- Thomas Alexandrovich de Hartmann: Composer, dies at 70.
- Medic Alert Foundation forms
- Red Buttons debuts on TV in Studio One
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?