Saturday 26 February 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Gleason and Mordecai Seter.
Silas Marner, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 February 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1916 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Jackie Gleason: American comedian, the top male star of his day and TV's biggest star in the 50s for his show "The Honeymooners.
- Mordecai Seter: composer.
- Pierre Gajac: Doulogne sur Mer physician.
- Mutual signs Charlie Chaplin to a film contract
- Germans sink French transport ship Provence II, killing 930.
- Russian troops conquer Kermansjah Persia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - The Wedding of the Sunshine and the Rose
- Beatrice Fairfax, Tell Me What to Do! - Ada Jones