Saturday 26 February 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mordecai Seter and Jackie Gleason.
Embers, directed by Arthur Maude, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1916 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Mordecai Seter: composer.
- Jackie Gleason: American comedian, the top male star of his day and TV's biggest star in the 50s for his show "The Honeymooners.
- Pierre Gajac: Doulogne sur Mer physician.
- Mutual signs Charlie Chaplin to a film contract
- Germans sink French transport ship Provence II, killing 930.
- Russian troops conquer Kermansjah Persia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beatrice Fairfax, Tell Me What to Do! - Ada Jones
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - The Wedding of the Sunshine and the Rose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?