Monday 26 March 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Lindsay and Rufus Thomas.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1917 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Sheila Lindsay: Irish psychic and author of "Time Travels of an Irish Psychic," published 9/25/1989.
- Rufus Thomas: Mississippi, United States -- Singer (Walking the Dog).
- Jean Graham: Hall circuit court judge (England).
- Ed Peck: Actor (Zoot Suit, Bullitt), dies of heart attack at 75.
- Stanley Cup: Seattle Metropolitans (PCHA) beat Montreal Canadiens (NHL), 3 games to 1; Seattle is first US team to win Stanley Cup.
- World War I: First Battle of Gaza : British troops are halted after 17,000 Turks block their advance.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?