Monday 26 May 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 26, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Kaufman and Imants Kalnins.
Man Hunt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1941 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Imants Kalnins: Composer.
- John Kaufman: sculptor.
- Walter Dobbs: American banker and CEO in charge of First Hawaiian Bank.
- Roger Garrigue
- Aldrich Ames: American CIA officer.
- Reg Bundy: English drag queen performer dancer and actor (d. 2003).
- Jim Dobbin: Scottish microbiologist and politician (d. 2014).
- Cliff Drysdale: South African tennis player and sportscaster.
- Imants Kalniņš: Latvian composer.
- Ark Royal airplane sights German battleship Bismarck
- American Flag House (Betsy Ross' home) given to city of Philadelphia.
- German occupiers in Netherlands begin youth labor.
- WWII: President Roosevelt proclaims an ampquotunlimited national emergency.ampquot
- WWII:''Bismarck'' is sunk in the North Atlantic, killing 2,300.
- The Swiss Socialist Federation is banned.