Sunday 27 August 1922US date format: 8/27/1922, UK date format: 27/8/1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Kelly Freas and Roelof Kruisinga.
Flesh and Blood, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1922 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Frank Kelly Freas: American artist (Born 1922).
- Roelof Kruisinga: Dutch physician and politician Minister of Defence for The Netherlands (d. 2012).
- Carl Fuchs: Composer, dies at 83.
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 3000m (8:28.6)
- The Turkish army takes the Aegean city of Afyonkarahisar from the Greeks.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Furman & Nash
- Coo Coo - Al Jolson
- Stumbling - Frank Crumit
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra