Friday 27 December 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Kerneis and John Celardo.
Your Wife and Mine, directed by Eve Dorrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1918 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:27 December
- The Great Poland Uprising against the Germans begins.
- Great Poland Uprising: The Poles in Greater Poland (or Grand Duchy of Poznań) rise up against the Germans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Waltz of the Flowers
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?