Friday 27 February 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Lombard and Charlayne Hunter-Gault.
The Male Animal, directed by Elliott Nugent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1942 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Didier Lombard: French businessman.
- Charlayne Hunter-Gault: American journalist.
- Aimi MacDonald
- Jimmy Burns: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Michel Forget: Canadian actor.
- Robert H. Grubbs: Scientist.
- Klaus-Dieter Sieloff: German footballer (d. 2011).
- Robert Grubbs: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Charlayne Hunter-Gault in Due West: South Carolina, USA; news reporter (McNeil-Lehrer).
- Robert H Grubbs: American chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Karel WFM Doorman: Dutch Rear Admiral (Java Sea), killed in action at age 52.
- 1st transport of French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- J S Hey discovers radio emissions from the Sun.
- World War II: During the Battle of the Java Sea, an allied strike force is defeated by a Japanese task force in the Java Sea in the Dutch East Indies
- March ndash Construction begins on the Badger Army Ammunition Plant (the largest in the United States during WWII).