Tuesday 27 May 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adriaan Venema and Allan Carr in Chicago.
Man Hunt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1941 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Adriaan Venema: Dutch journalist / author (Mussert).
- Allan Carr in Chicago: Illinois, USA; director (Grease, Happiest Millionaire).
- Davina Phillips: Actress.
- German battleship Bismarck sunk by British naval force
- Allied troops begin evacuating Crete.
- World War II: The German battleship Bismarck is sunk in the North Atlantic killing almost 2,100 men.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt proclaimes an "unlimited national emergency" due to Germany's sinking of Robin Moor.