Wednesday 27 June 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul F Conrad in Cedar Rapids and Jacques Berthier.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1923 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Paul F Conrad in Cedar Rapids: Iowa, USA; cartoonist (Pulitzer 1964, 1971, 1984).
- Jacques Berthier: French organist and composer (d. 1994).
- Elmo Hope: American pianist and composer (d. 1967).
- Capt. Lowell H. Smith and Lt. John P. Richter perform the first ever aerial refueling in a DH-4B biplane
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?