Saturday 28 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne "Honey" Lantree and David Soul in Chicago.
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1943 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Anne "Honey" Lantree: Rocker.
- David Soul in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Starsky and Hutch, Here Comes the Bride).
- Lou Pinella: New York Yankees' manager (1969 American League rookie of the year).
- Lou Piniella: American baseball manager, Mariners.
- David Soul: American actor and noted star of the TV series "Starsky And Hutch.
- Surayud Chulanont: Thai general and politician 24th Prime Minister of Thailand
- Robert Greenwald: American director and producer
- Shuja Khanzada: Pakistani colonel and politician (d. 2015)
- Denmark, declares a universal strike against Nazi occupiers
- Mussolini transfered from La Maddalena Sardinia to Gran Sasso
- World War II: in Denmark, a general strike against the Nazi occupation is started.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?