Tuesday 28 July 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Matthews and Kenneth M Stewart.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1925 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Bruce Matthews: Newspaper executive.
- Kenneth M Stewart: Euro MP for Merseyside West.
- Larry Pruden: Composer.
- Baruch Samuel Blumberg: American physician, Nobel laureate (d. 2011).
- Baruch Blumberg: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Collegiate
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?