Monday 28 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Swerts and Paul Horowitz in New York City.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1942 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Roger Swerts
- Thomas Menino: Politician.
- Paul Horowitz in New York City: New York, USA; physicist, META project (Sloan Award 1971-3).
- Lysian Bonnafous: French homicide victm, a psychiatrist who shot to death his wife and two teenage daughters on 5/13/1992, 3:50 PM, and then shot and killed himself.
- Frederic Grasset: French diplomat who served as France's ambassador to Ireland.
- Robert Sullivan becomes first pilot to fly across the Atlantic Ocean 100 times.
- Oberkommando Wehrmacht orders strategic flight out of Kaukasus.