Friday 28 March 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Bruce and Amelia Rosselli.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1930 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Amelia Rosselli: Poet.
- George Bruce: Painter.
- Joe Fortunato: American football linebacker in the National Football League.
- Bill Hughes: American jazz trombonist and bandleader.
- Alibert Delorge: Belgium sport Champion.
- Robert Ashley: American soldier and composer (d. 2014).
- Elizabeth Bainbridge: English opera singer.
- Jerome Friedman: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Constantinople and Angora change their names to Istanbul and Ankara.