Wednesday 28 July 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Stavisky and Charlie Biddle.
So This Is Paris, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1926 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Claude Stavisky: French magician, an illusionist and conjurer.
- Charlie Biddle: American-born Quebec jazz bassist (d. 2003).
- US and Panamanian pact about safeguard of Panama Canal
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tamiami Trail - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Al Jolson
- Valencia - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?