Tuesday 28 October 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Michel and Carla Wilza.
Gentleman's Agreement, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Stump the Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1947 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Henri Michel: French footballer who played as a midfielder and later went on to coach various clubs and national teams all over the world.
- Carla Wilza: Brazilian actress who worked in burlesque as a beautiful young woman.
- Walter Berg (astrologer)
- Tom Fitzsimmons in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Franklin - The Paper Chase).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?