Saturday 28 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lata Mangeshkar and Alfred Cahen.
The Mysterious Island, directed by Lucien Hubbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1929 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Lata Mangeshkar: Indian playback singer.
- Alfred Cahen
- Nikolay Ryzhkov: Premier of the USSR (1985-1991).
- Jacques Guilaine: French pediatrician and dermatologist.
- Late Mangeshkar: Indian singer, and occasional music-composer.
- Nigel Althaus: British government broker.
- Marilyn Clark: Spokane, Washington -- Actress (House of Party Beach).
- 1st CF interception return for a touchdown (Joe Hess - University of Alberta)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?