Friday 29 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Gazzara and Marius J J van Amelsvoort.
Big Boy, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1930 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Ben Gazzara: Actor.
- Marius J J van Amelsvoort: Dutch Undersecretary (CDA).
- Jacques Bouchard: Quebec advertising executive (Born 1930).
- Carlos Loyzaga: Filipino basketball player and coach (d. 2016).
- William Archibald Spooner: English writer (Born 1844).
- The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.