Friday 29 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marius J J van Amelsvoort and Jacques Bouchard.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1930 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Marius J J van Amelsvoort: Dutch Undersecretary (CDA).
- Jacques Bouchard: Quebec advertising executive (Born 1930).
- Carlos Loyzaga: Filipino basketball player and coach (d. 2016).
- William Archibald Spooner: English writer (Born 1844).
- The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?