Thursday August 29, 1907
US date format: 8/29/1907, UK date format: 29/8/1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see zodiac on August 29, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Wechsberg and Don Loper.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Stein Song by Haydn Quartet.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movie released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1907?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- The Quebec Bridge collapses during construction, killing 75 workers.
- The partially completed superstructure of the Quebec bridge collapses entirely, claiming the lives of 76 workers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 29, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Stein Song
- Bob Roberts - You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh at the Dentist's
- Byron G. Harlan - It's Great to be a Soldier Man
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - Honey Boy
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 the US President was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal).
Who was the Pope on August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on August 29, 1907?
On August 29, 1907 several famous people were born including, Joseph Wechsberg, Don Loper.