Thursday August 29, 1907
US date format: 8/29/1907, UK date format: 29/8/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Wechsberg and Don Loper.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1907?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- The Quebec Bridge collapses during construction, killing 75 workers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 29, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Stein Song
- Bob Roberts - You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh at the Dentist's
- Byron G. Harlan - It's Great to be a Soldier Man
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - Honey Boy