Thursday 29 August 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Wechsberg and Don Loper.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1907 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Joseph Wechsberg: Austria -- Writer (Looking For a Bluebird).
- Don Loper: American fashion designer, film producer and director, dancer and choreographer.
- The Quebec Bridge collapses during construction, killing 75 workers.
- The partially completed superstructure of the Quebec bridge collapses entirely, claiming the lives of 76 workers.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Honey Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Byron G. Harlan
- Uncle Josh at the Dentist's - Cal Stewart
- You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In - Bob Roberts
- Stein Song - Haydn Quartet