Thursday 1 August 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anton Ameiser and Grete Kusber.
Krybskytten, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Weavers by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1907 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Anton Ameiser: German military, a Nazi in the Waffen SS.
- Grete Kusber: German resistance fighter who was politically active against the Nazi regime.
- Eric Shipton: Sri Lankan-English mountaineer and explorer (d. 1977).
- Signal Corps of US army starts aircraft division
- Bank of Italy opens first branch at 3433 Mission Street, San Francisco.
- Start of First Scout camp on Brownsea Island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1907 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- And Then I Laughed - Cal Stewart
- In the Wildwood Where the Blue Bells Grew - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Meet Me Down at the Corner - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- La Boheme - O Soave Fanciulla (Thou Sweetest Maiden) - Enrico Caruso & Nellie Melba
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?