Saturday 17 August 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Peyrefitte and Marian Viktorovich Koval.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1907 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Roger Peyrefitte: French author, diplomat and a defender of gay rights.
- Marian Viktorovich Koval: Composer.
- Gustav Schwarzenegger: Austrian police officer (d. 1972).
- Bishop forbids Christian membership in Dutch Textile Union
- Pike Place Market, the longest continuously-running public farmers market in the US, opened in Seattle.