Friday August 16, 1907
US date format: 8/16/1907, UK date format: 16/8/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 16, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Uriah Boskovich and Mae Clarke [Klotz].
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 16, 1907?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Abd al-Hafid proclaims himself Sultan of Morocco
- James Hector: Scottish geologist and surgeon (d....
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 16, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - In the Wildwood Where the Blue Bells Grew