Friday 16 August 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Uriah Boskovich and Mae Clarke [Klotz].
while The Port of Missing Men by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1907 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Alexander Uriah Boskovich: Composer.
- Mae Clarke [Klotz]: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Frankenstein, Waterloo Bridge).
- James Hector: Scottish geologist and surgeon (d. 1907).
- Abd al-Hafid proclaims himself Sultan of Morocco
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Pagliacci - Vesti La Giubba (On with the Play) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?