Saturday 29 August 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Merle and Jean Michelet.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1908 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Robert Merle: French author, sci-fi writer, teacher, philologist, also journalist, communist, historian, novelist.
- Jean Michelet: Norwegian officer and industrialist.
- Henri Drieux: Dernay physician.
- New York gives a ticker tape parade to returning US Olympians from London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band