Sunday 29 September 1907
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Autry and Michael Shepley.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jess Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1907 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gene Autry: American performer who gained fame as a singing cowboy on the radio, in movies, and on television for more than three decades beginning in the early 1930s.
- Michael Shepley: Plymouth, England -- Actor (Dick & the Duchess).
- Richard Harkness: Artesian, South Dakota -- Newscaster (Story of the Week, NBC).
- George W Jenkins: American businessman (d. 1996).
- Pierre Ruais: French civil engineer and politician who died on 3 April 1996 in Paris.
- George Jenkins: American businessman founded Publix (d. 1996).
- Construction begins on Washington National Cathedral.
- The cornerstone is laid at Washington National Cathedral in the U.S. capital.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?