Tuesday 29 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vernon E Clark and Henri Agel.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1911 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Vernon E Clark
- Henri Agel: French film professor and critic who died on July 1, 2008 in Decazeville.
- Vernon Clark: American clinical psychologist, interested in astrology since 1927.
- Pierre Aubry: Brousseval Military man.
- Ishi, considered the last Native American to make contact with European Americans, emerges from the wilderness of northeastern California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Believe Me if All Those Endearing Young Charms - John McCormack
- Kathleen Mavourneen - John McCormack