Tuesday 29 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vernon E Clark and Henri Agel.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1911 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Vernon E Clark
- Henri Agel: French film professor and critic who died on July 1, 2008 in Decazeville.
- Vernon Clark: American clinical psychologist, interested in astrology since 1927.
- Pierre Aubry: Brousseval Military man.
- Ishi, considered the last Native American to make contact with European Americans, emerges from the wilderness of northeastern California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Believe Me if All Those Endearing Young Charms - John McCormack
- Kathleen Mavourneen - John McCormack